Whatever The Name, The Tape’s The Same

gaffer stage lighting from thetapworks.comGaffers tape, gaff tape, gaffa tape, dutchman tape, 100 mile an hour tape…. The names go on and on, but they all mean the same thing.

Gaffers tape is a woven cotton cloth tape that uses a synthetic adhesive that is designed to be removed without leaving residue.

The name for this tape, prized by stagehands and video techs, comes from the slang expression for the name of an electrician (lighting person) on a film set.

Want to know more. Click here to to learn the real story about the derivation of the term gaffer and how it found its way into the film production lexicon.

Tapenews.com is your source for “all the news that’s fit to stick”. Send us your interesting tape news and we’ll share it with the world! Thetapeworks.com

Tags: ,

About the Author

Post a Reply